What to do when you get the new Bialetti Brikka?
- Remove the materials used to package the coffee maker and any warning labels from it prior to use.
- Hand wash the Moka Pot with water. Do not use detergents and abrasive sponges (this rule apply also for cleaning any Moka Pot after using it).
- Fill the Moka Pot only with water without the coffee. Then, make at least 3 cups of coffee, but do not drink them.
10 Important Rules for Using ALL Moka Pots
- Moka pots should not be left unattended while in operation.
- Be careful not to touch the heating surface of the coffee machine. The surface is very hot, so use the handle and the knob to move the Moka pot.
- Never use Moka pot without water in the heater.
- On the other hand, The Moka pot shouldn’t be filled with any other liquid aside water.
- The same goes with the ground coffee- use ground coffee beans for Moka only, not any other products.
- Make sure the steam jet is not directed to the user, and same with the safety valve.
- Use only gas flame source or electric plates. When using a gas flame source, the flame should not extend beyond the container of the heater. When using electric plates maintain a low or medium temperature.
- Immediately remove the coffee maker from the heat source when it’s ready.
- It is recommended to close the lid of the moka pot during use.
- Moka pots are not intended for use by people (including children) with diminished physical, sensory or mental capabilities or none at all. Keep out of reach of children.
- Make sure to choose your moka pot size carefully, based on your specific needs.
- Don’t press the coffee into the funnel.
- You should replace the gasket once a year or if worn. You can get on Amazon a new gasket.
- Often check that the holes of the filter plate are not clogged, or else unclog them with a brush with soft bristles or a needle.
How to make coffee with your Bialetti Brikka Moka Pot?
- Fill heater with water up to the safety valve.
* Bialetti recommends using the measuring cup and pour cold water.
- Place the funnel filter in the heater.
- Fill the funnel filter with ground coffee
- Close the Moka Pot with the upper part, tightening it well.
- Put the Moka Pot on the heat source.
- When the froth formation has been completed in the upper part remove it from the heat source.
Why my moka pot does not function?
Check to make sure all components are present.
Be sure to use coffee grounds for Moka pot, and remember not to press the coffee into the funnel.
What to do if the Moka Pot is leaking water?
– Check if the moka pot is closed well.
– If you are using the Moka Pot over a year, you may need to replace the gasket.
– Don’t leave coffee powder residue on the rim of the heater.
Why my Brikka do not make froth?
– Check water level.
– Make sure to remove your Moka pot from the heat source after the complete formation